<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Sunday, November 30, 2003

talk about creepiness...i was driving my friend, joy, home tonight and was taking a shortcut to her house. anyway, ever since i left my house this evening i've been having the strangest feelings that something strange was gonna happen sometime tonight but figured that nothing's gonna come out of it. anyway, the shortcut we took was through this super-inky-dark, out-of-the-way little back path with overgrown shrubs and stuff everywhere. now usually i love out-of-the-way dark paths and back alleys and go out of my way to take them (i know, i know, one day something bad's going to happen to me if i keep doing that), but while we were driving i suddenly got the shivers and this really bad feeling that we had to get out of here while we still could. luckily, we reached joy's house soon (joy was singing along to silverchair and didn't seem to notice a thing) and i took the brightly lit highway home instead. But i was still getting this jittery feeling as if there was something else in the car with me or something and when i parked my car outside my house, my neighbor's huge white dog starts barking the moment i open my car door and that was when the jittery feeling started getting even worse and i just hurried across the road to my house. i unlocked my gate and turned around and here's the thing - the dog was staring at my car and barking like mad at it. now the dog's used to my coming home at odd hours and it's never freaked out by my car before. why now? all i can say is that i know when my gut tells me that something bad is going on and i hurried into my house, looking over my shoulder all the time because according to chinese superstitions, if you look over your shoulder as you enter your house, nothing will dare to follow you inside (my sister's friend tried that once to ward off ghosts on the Hungry Ghost Festival night and got hit by her gate because she didn't see it opening, oops!).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?